Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The magic of Seseame Street



There must be some magic spell this show casts on its tiny little viewers. Reese loves Sesame Street. I have tried Baby Einstein, cartoons, Pixar Movies...you name it, but at 7 months Sesame Street is the only thing that Reese has an interest in. As soon as it comes on she's like a zombie watching TV. It airs at 6 a.m. but I DVR it, then she watches it after lunch and will usually fall asleep for her afternoon nap while watching it.

Today she was sitting next to me on the couch watching Sesame Street while I worked on my laptop. She was watching the end of an episode she started yesterday. As soon as it ended she started huffing and whining until I started a new episode. As soon as the new episode started, she was like a zombie again.

After about 10 minute of the new episode she fell asleep. I didn't even notice she was asleep until she fell over into my lap. It was too funny. (She watches, sitting up completely erect. Even if I'm holding her, she won't relax and lay back. She has to sit straight up.)

I will forever be in awe of the mysterious magic of Sesame Street. I have to admit the magic was alive in my childhood as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OHHHHH I used to watch sesame street everyday after kindergarten and fall asleep on the couch. Hey I am loving the new blog and linked up to you. SO EXCITED!