Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What happened to my baby?

It seems like only yesterday that I was in the hospital holding my little fragile baby. I brought her home and swaddled her in a warm snugly blanket. I protected her, didn't want anyone remotely sick or dirty to touch her. I never would have dreamed of putting her on the ground, not even the carpet with out a blanket down. I sanitized her binky every time it touched the ground. I was so careful about everything.

Now...she crawls through the street, garage, and flower beds. She plays in the mud with the neighbor boys. I'm grateful if she only sucks on rocks that are too big to swallow. I let the neighbor kids feed her gold fish crackers off the sidewalk. And by the end of the day she's covered in grass stains, popsicle juice, mud, and who know what else.

So I'll say again...what happened to my baby and how did things changes so quickly??

All I know is that she is one happy kid!

Reese enjoying the neighbors kiddy chair. We need to get her one of her own.


Reese thinks she's just one of the boys! She can really hold her own with the big kids.


1 comment:

Jen said...

I have so many of those little chairs! You are welcome to have one of ours if you haven't gotten her one yet.