Thursday, July 2, 2009

A fun filled weekend is just beginning...

Tonight was our ward 4th of July party. They shut down a street over by our church and have a big "festival" like party. Great food, fun kid activities, a children's bike parade and fireworks. It was a great way to kick off the 4th of July weekend celebrations.

Reese and Daddy hanging out!
It rained a bit, but that didn't bother Reese. She got soaking wet and I had to run home to get her a change of clothes. She hardly noticed.
Reese got to see her first rainbow.
Bro. Magleby (bishopric member), getting ready to lead the kids bike parade.
All the kids decorated their bikes or scooters. The little girl in pink is our neighbor Drew. She looked so cute. I wish I could have gotten a picture of all our neighbor friends. Their bikes were so fun. But there were so many kids.
And off they go...
Reese thought all the bikes were pretty cool. Maybe next year she'll get to ride in the parade.
Reese's first snow cone. Do I eat it?? or do I drink it???
And the fireworks begin!
Reese was mesmerized by the fireworks. She couldn't take her eyes off of them. They were going off in 3 different locations and she loved it. After awhile she even started cheering and bouncing up and down. We were afraid that they would scare her...not our Reese. She may be a Thiebaud by name, but I tell you what...Arnold and I have decided that she is a Nordfelt in spirit. We have a little fearless dare devil on our hands. I'm a little worried.
Watching fireworks with daddy.

No comments: