Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Just a few little things...

that I want to remember about Reese at 8 months old.

She seems to love bath time more and more. She's started standing up, then falling down on her bum on purpose to splash. She thinks this is hilarious and burst into laughter. She also uses the back of the bathtub as a little slide. She climbs up it and slides down on her belly. This also invokes nonstop laughter. It's just one big comedy routine for mom and dad. (I've tried to get a picture of video, but as soon as pull out the camera, that becomes the focus. I wish we had a hidden camera.)

She has perfected her skill in crawling up the stairs. She can almost beat me. I can turn my back for 2 seconds and she's already on the first landing. I've started to teach her how to slide backwards and go back down. She'll get it eventually.

She loves to play outside. She will go to the back door or the front door and stand there pounding on it whiling yelling at me. This obviously means she wants to go outside.

She loves to hang out at night with mom and dad on the couch. She stands between and goes back and forth; from mom, to dad, to mom, to dad...on and on...while laughing. We're not sure why it's so funny to her...but it's definitely funny to us.

She likes to feed herself. This poses a problem for me sometimes. She insists on helping me hold the spoon. I've resorted to giving her her own spoon. When she opens her mouth to put the spoon in, I sweep in from the side with my spoon. It's pretty funny, especially because I don't think she realizes that's what I'm doing. She follows with her spoon and it's almost like she thinks the food is still on her spoon. Crazy kid.

No comments: