Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The start of a new path...

Well it's official. This week marks my first week of working part time. I'm officially no longer the Public Relations Director for Kim Brown & Associates. After years of scratching and clawing my way to the top of the corporate ladder, ending with the offer of a life time in the PR world overseeing an international PR account traveling the world, I have chosen to pass. These days my priority is the 30 inch munchkin that scratches and claws her way to the top of me on a daily basis. And brings me more joy and fulfillment than anything in the corporate world ever did.

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted. It's funny how sometimes you don't even realize how much something stresses you out, until it's gone. It's also funny how things always seem to work out, even when you take a giant leap forward into the darkness of an unknown path. I have a huge testimony that prayer, faith and righteousness will never let you down. I'm so grateful for the gospel in my life. I honestly don't know how people survive without it.

I'm also grateful to my husband who supports my decision to make our children my priority. And I'm really grateful to a wonderful boss, Kim; who loves me, respects me, values me, and specifically created a part time position for me, so I could still have an income and work at home. I feel very blessed.

The other day I was cleaning out Reese's closet. She was playing in her room while I was working. When I turned around she had managed to climb into her basket of stuffed animals. It was so cute.





4 comments:

Janelle said...

that's so awesome. Congrat's on the offer and even more on staying home instead. It has it's rough days but I wouldn't change it for anything!

Chellese said...

I'm so glad you are content with this big change. I have my moments when I long for "A life less ordinary" but truly truly I wouldn't change what I have for the world.

Iliana said...

hard descision, or maybe not so hard, but I bet you won't regret it. congrats! and kid does seem like an awesome person!

{lindy baker cakes} said...

You are a great mom. It's crazy how priorities change! Thanks again for coming to my shower and thanks for the gift!!! I'm so happy to have diapers!!! You're the best! I'm sending you a thank you too, but you left before I got a chance to open it so just wanted to give you an early thank you! It was great to see you.