Sunday, June 14, 2009

A new calling...

Today I received a new calling. I'm now the Coordinator for the Jr. Nursery. I know to most this is the dreaded calling, but I have to say I'm so excited. Reese absolutely loved it in nursery today. She hardly knew I was in the room. There were only a couple times that she even sought me out and wanted me to hold her. After a minute or two with me, she was off to play some more.

This new calling is really a blessing. Reese has become so active in church. It's right in the middle of her nap time and she refuses to sleep anywhere but in her crib. She won't sit still in our classes, so we end up in the hallway. But with not very many toys and no one to play with, she gets really bored and cranky. We've been taking turns leaving church to go home and put her to sleep. Now that I am in nursery, she has a lot of playmates, toys and activities. She loves all the other kids, in fact many or her neighborhood friends are in nursery with us. Reese is also the same size as most of them, so she can really hold her own. It's pretty fun to see her playing.

This is a good calling for me right now!

No comments: