Friday, July 10, 2009

10 months!

I'm in denial today. I can't believe that Reese is 10 months old. I can't believe that I've started planning her 1st birthday party. I can't believe that my baby has started walking and that she exerts her independence more and more each day. I can't believe that at this moment she is quietly sitting watching Sesame Street. Wasn't she born just a few days ago??? If I could I would stop time.

A few things to remember about 10 months old...

-Reese's little personality seems to be shining through more and more each day. She is a lot like her mommy at this age. Stubborn, independent, and a whirl wind of activity.

-She's still taking two naps a day, although her morning nap seems to be getting smaller and her afternoon nap longer. She still sleeps through the night from 8:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. She has always been a really good sleeper.

-She started walking all by herself the other day. She's a little wobbly and will still opt for crawling when she wants to get somewhere fast. She will only walk when she wants to and will never perform on demand...I did mention that she is stubborn right?

-She has also started climbing things. She climbed up on top of her high chair the other day. She tries to use the drawers of the cabinet as stairs up to the TV and then this morning I caught her using our step stool to climb up on the kitchen counter. As a result of all this climbing, she is quickly learning the law of gravity. The good news is that she can now climb off the couch all by herself.

-Reese loves cooking with mommy. If I am cooking she has to sit on the counter to watch and help me. She loves it when I let her help me pour measured ingredients into the bowl.

-She loves music. Anything with a good beat. She can really get her groove on.

-Reese drinks out of a straw. I had to buy all new sippy cups; the straw kind. Once she learned how to drink out of a straw, she didn't want anything to do with her other sippy cups. I'm not sure why.

-Reese loves being outside. She goes to the front door and pounds on it, yelling what I can only imagine is "Outside, Outside..I want to go outside!" When we have to come in from outside, it's not a pretty picture.

-Which brings me to another little fact about our 10 month old Reesey, she is the master of fit throwers! When something doesn't go the way she wants, Reese will throw herself onto the floor and kick and scream. She rolls onto her tummy and buries her head in the carpet giving the most pathetic fake cry. She looks up every now and then to see if we're watching. When we ignore her,
she gives up. We have to try really hard not to laugh. But it's pretty funny, for now anyway.

- Reese has moved to a forward facing car seat, and both Reese and I love it. I love seeing her and she is so much happier seeing the world as it passes by.

-And last but not least, for my own personal records...We've started introducing Reese to whole milk. She gets about a third of whole milk in every bottle. We're almost ready to go to half. So far, so good. She seems to handle it fine.

All in all we are just in love with our little monkey. She is such a strong willed and feisty little person, and as frustrating as that can and probably will be through the years, I wouldn't change a thing about her. I love that she is determined and independent. As my grandmother used to tell my mother with regards to me, all you have to do is aim all that energy in the right direction and she will go far.

Reese reading with daddy. Reese loves to read books.


4 comments:

chingchong7 said...

Yah! Your planning her first birthday party! Where does all the time go huh?

Iliana said...

I really like Reese; she totally reminds me of my own two. She's a girl who knows what she wants and is gonna get there fast. I love it!

Kristine said...

SHe is so precious. And wow about already planning her party. How bout a trip to Disneyland??? We will be there for Chads birthday and then some. Sept 10-13, I believe. One of these days we need to make it up there so meet your cutie!

{lindy baker cakes} said...

They grow up so fast! She is so darling!!!