Thursday, December 1, 2011

Reese & Anni update

These two little monkeys are growing and changing faster than I can keep up.

Photobucket

Reese:
Has a few new friends that showed up a few weeks ago. You know...the imaginary kind. Their names are Doddy, Lala, and Marker. She plays with them all the time. It's too funny. Doddy even has a job which he goes to every other day or so. Lala is always playing hide-and-seek, and Marker loves to play dollies. Just yesterday they had another friend come to play; Jade. We'll see how long she sticks around.

They say imaginary friends are a sign of a very creative mind. Reese is off the charts. (As a side note, I also had several imaginary friends when I was Reeses age. Two of them even had the same name; Eric and Eric.)


Reese has definitely entered the "terrible 3's". She is testing her boundaries daily.  Thanks to the movie Elf, Reese's favorite song right now is "Santa Clause is Coming to Town". We've probably sung it about 1000 times in the last week or so. Unfortunately, based on her behavior, she does't quit grasp the meaning of the lyrics...otherwise I'd think she'd be a lot less naughty and a little more nice.


Reese was grounded from Cartoons one afternoon after biting her sister. About one hour into her grounding she comes to me and says...

Reese: Mommy Anni really needs to watch cartoons. Her not in trouble. Her needs to watch cartoons.
Me: Did she tell you that?
Reese: ya mom. Her so sad that you not let me watch cartoons. So sad mom. You make Anni so sad.


Me: Reese where is your pink flower hair clip?
Reese: I not know mom.
Me: You wore it the other day. Did you take it off somewhere?
Reese: I say I not know mom.
Me: Reese, mommy isn't going to be happy if you've lost it.
Reese: It's ok mom, we find it later and you be happy again.(as she skips out of the room)

Reese while playing with Anni:
"Anni I love you so much...I just want to squish you." 
Unfortunately, some days, I'm not sure she realizes that's an expression...not something she should actually do.


Reese is going through a "there's a monster under my bed" stage. Tonight we had this conversation...
Reese: Mommy there's a monster under my bed. It's going to get me.
Me: No monsters live in our house. It's monster free. Mommy put a force field around our house that keeps monsters and all scary thing out. They just can't get in. You are totally safe.
Reese: (looking very sceptical) Mom, you not a super hero. You not have powers.
Me: I am a super hero. I'm super mom. Like super man, but super mom.
Reese: (laughing) that's funny mom.
 Me: What's so funny? I am a super mom. All mom's are super moms.
Reese: You so funny mom. You not a super hero. you so so funny.

 I still don't get what's so funny...mom's are super hero's!


Reese: Mom I want play games on your phone.
Me: If you play a game on my phone I'm turning off the cartoons.
Reese: Nooooo mom!
Me: You can't play games and watch cartoons at the same time.
Reese: Yes mom. I watch cartoons with mine eyes and play games with mine fingers. 

...she's already a multi-tasker!

Anni:
Is now 8 months old and quite the mover and shaker.  She's been somewhat crawling for about a month or so. It's been more of a wiggle, scoot, headstand, flop, wiggle, scoot, headstand, flop thing but in the last two days it's progressed into a full on crawl. I've been saying for weeks that the day we put up the Christmas tree, she would start "full on" crawling...and I was right. I guess she just needed some bright-light shiny-object motivation.

She now has two full teeth with a couple more that have been trying to break through for a few weeks. They keep coming up and then receding back. Poor girl. She's also caught a little cold, I think from her cousins that were here for Thanksgiving. Poor little thing is miserable right now.

Anni loves bath time, especially playing with Reese. They like to splash each other and laugh and laugh and laugh.

She's babbling more and more these days and loves to watch my face with great interest, then try to mimic my movements.

She loves "real" food. She still eats her baby food, but if anyone else is around eating "real" food...forget about it. She knows there's a better option, and she's all over it.

She's definitely a "mommy's girl". There are very few people that Anni will let hold her, and if I'm anywhere near by, it only takes one glance and she knows what she wants...Mommy is best!!

Anni has also overcome her dairy intolerance. She no longer insists on eating the most expensive formula known to man. It's so nice saving $200 a month on baby formula.

She still sleeps through the night and still takes 2 naps a day. She even puts herself to sleep...which I love. All she needs is her blanky and her thumb.

Over all Anni is just a sweet little baby girl. We have been very lucky to get two wonderful babies. Anni is always happy and content. She loves to play with her sister, but also plays by herself really well. She loves her jumper, or hanging out on a blanket with toys. I'm sure now that she's crawling there will be a lot more adventures in her future. We look forward to every one!

No comments: