Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Morning 2011

I wish we'd gotten a picture of the girls coming down the stairs, but instead Arnold took video and I was carrying Anni. Maybe next year we'll have two sets of hands.

Reese's first words from the top of the stairs, "mom I see a bean bag chair...a purple bean bag chair!!!" As she rounded the corner she said, "Where's my doll house?"

Reese has been asking and talking about a doll house for months. Every night she has talked about the awesome doll house that Santa is going to bring her. We knew she would want to play with it right away, so we had Santa put it together, ready to go, in her play room. The thing is huge! Tall and heavy and needed to be anchored to the wall. But Santa did wrap the box and leave it upstairs with a fun note.

When Reese asked were her doll house was, I asked her if maybe is was wrapped in that big box. But we still made her unwrap all her other presents first.

The girls had so much fun unwrapping everything! 
Photobucket

Movies and Wii games from Uncle Kit! Barbies and barbie clothes from each other.
Photobucket

New snuggly blankets from Grandma & Grandpa Thiebaud.
Photobucket

This little Xylaphone that I picked up on clearancce for a couple bucks has turned out to be a favorite!
Photobucket

Just look at that crazy happy face.
Photobucket

Reese picked out a pink rocking horse for Anni. She had to show her how to use it.
Photobucket

Anni loves it!
Photobucket

Check out that those splits. Anni was determined to get in on the unwrapping action!
Photobucket

She loves her stand and play music station from Grandma & Grandpa Nordfelt.
Photobucket

They both love it!
Photobucket

After all the presents it was finally time for the doll house!
Photobucket

As soon as Reese saw the picture she started to get really excited!
Photobucket

Photobucket

The note tells her that it's all put together and waiting for her in her in the play room. As soon as I read that part, she took off. She didn't even wait for me to finish the note. I should have known that would be the case.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Her first words, "Wow!! That's Awesome!! The most awesome doll house ever!!" Then she said, "I play with it right now. Mom go get my barbies!"  Which I did, as soon as she said "please".
Photobucket

Photobucket

Next to the doll house she said that her Scooby Doo hoppity ball from Grandma & Grandpa Nordfelt was her favorite.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I love it when my girls can share.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Anni likes her toy standing too.
Photobucket

I'd say Christmas morning was a huge success!

No comments: