Thursday, December 1, 2011

Grandma Woolf

Thirteen years ago when I was home visiting my parents in Idaho, my Grandma gave me a bag of Christmas ornaments with the following note inside.

Dear Mindi, 22 July 98
Use these decorations. The bird - please use. I love birds on my tree. The horse I love, so I share one with you. The bell and cane I made. I love them. So if you use the flakes etc...be reminded of me. I love you.
Grandma Woolf.

(I love this note. It's totally how my grandma used to write; short sweet and to the point.)

Photobucket

At the time I didn't think much of it. I was still single and living with roommates, so I didn't want to put them out where they could get ruined. I packed the ornaments and the note away in a box.

My grandma passed away when Reese was just 2 1/2 months old. Last year as I was going through some old boxes, I found the ornaments and the note. We got them out and put them on our tree. This year I read the note to Reese and told her all about my grandma as we were putting them on the tree. They have quickly become my favorite ornaments and a wonderful reminder of my sweet grandma this time of year.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: