Wednesday, December 21, 2011

2011 Christmas letter, sent to family and friends

Dear Friends and Family, 


We know, we know…we’ve been a little naughty the last couple years and neglected to send out any
Christmas cards or holiday updates. What can I say, since being married, while we’ve had wonderful
holidays, I’ve been either recovering from a miscarriage, sleep deprived with a new born, or sick and
pregnant. This is the first year that I feel totally on top of my game...and I couldn’t be happier. 



Reese is definitely a full fledged toddler. At 3 years old she is feisty, stubborn, strong willed, determined,
sassy, funny and super sweet… when she wants to be. She gives us a run for our money some days, but I
wouldn’t change a thing about her. She’s just like her mommy, and while that scares me a little…it gives
me great reassurance that she is going to be one strong little lady; as long as we do our job right as
parents. 



We were thrilled to welcome little Anniston Sophia (Anni) to our family this last March. She has really
completed our family. She is such a good baby. She has a sweet temperament, she sleeps well, and puts
up with a lot of abuse…I mean aggressive love from her big sister. Since she will most likely be our last,
I’m trying to keep her my baby for as long as possible. But I know my efforts are in vain. She is growing
and changing so fast. I’m just trying to savor every minute. 



Arnold is still working at the Utah Valley Convention and Visitor Bureau as the Marketing Manager. He
really enjoys his job and he amazes me with his knowledge of Marketing and Communications. His
specialty is in Social Media and Websites, but he really knows so much in all aspects of marketing.
Recently he’s been invited by several outside companies and city government agencies to train their
employees with some of his expertise. At home he’s an awesome daddy and wonderful husband. There
really are no words to express how grateful I am to have such a helpful, supportive, and loving husband
and father to our girls. I know the estrogen around here can run wild sometimes and Arnold deals with it
like a champ. 



As for me…I am absolutely in love with this full time mom gig! Having spent almost 15 years in the
career world I can say with out a doubt that for me there has been nothing more fulfilling or rewarding
than spending each day with my two little munchkins. Along with Arnold, they are the greatest blessing I
have ever received. I’m trying my best to soak up every minute of the time I have with them. That’s one
of the reasons I haven’t really kept up on my food blog, or done very many appearances on Studio 5 this
year. I know there are only a few precious years that these girls will both need me and want me, and
there will be many years in the future in which I will be able to do all the other things life has to offer.


As we reflect over the last couple years, we know our little family has experienced several challenges.
But we also know that every challenge has brought us closer, not only to each other, but to our Savior.
We are so grateful for the knowledge and comfort the gospel brings to our lives. This Christmas season
we hope and pray that each of you are happy and doing well. We are grateful to have you in our lives.
We are also grateful this time of year to celebrate the life and atonement of our Savior. We wish you a
joyful holiday season and a happy new year.


Love,
Arnold, Mindi, Reese and Anniston Thiebaud

No comments: