Wednesday, December 21, 2011

9 Months

Today Anni is 9 months old. Stats:

Weight - 18.5 lbs 40%
Height - 29.5 in. 95%
Head - 17.2 in 38%

Photobucket

A few things to note about 9 months...
  • Anni is fully mobile and all over the place! She has started climbing the stairs a little but doesn't venture past the third or fourth step. She also pulls herself up to things, but isn't quite sure how to get down without just plopping backwards. Sometimes this works and sometimes in ends with a bonk on the head. Shockingly she doesn't bother the Christmas tree too much. She likes to crawl to it then play with the extra lights at the bottom but that's about it. I've been so surprised how little both my girls have cared about the tree as babies. I always stress about it, but Reese never bothered it either. This is actually the first year that Reese has even payed attention to the tree. I have more problems with her moving around the ornaments then Anni.
  • Anni is our calm laid back child...right now. We are amazed at how well she puts up with Reese's "aggressive" love and attention. She's also not as "into everything" as Reese was at her age. Even though Anni can now get anywhere and everywhere, she just doesn't get into things. She plays with toys and wanders around looking and touching things but she doesn't pull stuff off shelves or destroy anything. I've wondered if that has something to do with Reese. Usually Reese is playing with her or she's following Reese around. Who knows. Let's just hope it stays that way. I'm not holding my breathe though. If there's one thing I've learned about kids...it's that they can change in the blink of an eye. 
  • Anni has started babbling and talking quite a bit. Her first word "mama"; not surprising for anyone that knows her. She is a mama's girl if there ever was one!!
  • She can also click her tongue and razzz.
  • Anni can give kisses. They're full on, open mouth, slobbery kisses...but kisses none the less.
  • Anni has graduated from her baby bath tub and now has free rein of the tub...that she shares with Reese. I'm not sure who's been more excited about this change...Reese or Anni. They have so much fun together in the bath tub.
  • Anni no longer thinks it's necessary for me, or anyone, to feed her. She is definitely an independent eater. Meal times are frustrating for mommy.
  • Anni is still our little thumb sucker. But she usually only suck it at bed time or when she gets hungry. And sometimes not even then. So I'm encouraged that it may not be a long term habit. We shall see.
  • If there's one trait that Anni shares with her big sister, it's their high pitch squeal or scream. My girls have the Nordfelt lungs...and they use them.
  • Anni has started singing with me. I usually sing her a couple songs each night before I put her to bed. She now joins in, and it's the cutest thing ever!!

No comments: