Thursday, March 19, 2009

Celery, Crackers...what's next!

Last night we discovered that Reese loves Celery. I always keep celery and carrots in the fridge to snack on. While I was making dinner I had a few out and Reese kept reaching for one, so I handed her a celery stick and she sucked and gnawed on it until it a pile of mush. Crazy kid. We've also discovered that she loves crackers. I gave her one the other day and she ate the whole thing.

On another note...last night after our bedtime routine I rocked Reese for a couple minutes and then put her in her crib, still awake, but a little drowsy. I left the room and didn't hear from her again. She totally put herself to sleep. I couldn't believe it. It's been getting progressively easier and easier to get her to sleep. I was down to just rocking her for 5 or 10 minutes and she was out cold. But last night, I was so excited. My big girl is growing up so fast. I love watching her grow! It's so rewarding to see her progressing. It's crazy to think about all the things she has to learn to do herself. Arnold and I were talking the other night about how amazing it is that something so small can learn so many things so quickly. From doing nothing for themselves to walking, talking, eating, reading, writing etc.... If you start to think about it, it's rather overwhelming and pretty darn miraculous!

Anyway, we're so proud of you Reese. You're such a quick learner! We can't wait to teach you so many things.

3 comments:

Tran said...

That's awesome. I read this book that said to not rock them to sleep cause they can get too accustomed to it but to allow them to fall asleep on their own from the beginning. That's what we did with Sydney so she has never been rocked to sleep. She would just fall asleep on her own once we put her down. They sure do learn fast though. Good going Reese.

Unknown said...

celery??!!! I don't even really like celery! GOOD GIRL!! I hope we can get together soon!

{lindy baker cakes} said...

She is so cute. You make me excited for our little guy. I can't wait to watch him learn and grow. I guess I need to meet him first!