Saturday, April 24, 2010

Is it time??

The last couple weeks Reese has been asking to sit on her potty. She's fascinated with the "potty" process and has also started telling me when she needs a diaper change. I've heard these are signs that she's ready to be potty trained.

I'm not sure what to do. In my head I had it all worked out. I would potty train Reese in the fall, right after her 2nd birthday. As the weather started getting cold it would be the perfect time. We'd be staying inside anyway....right?

So now what do I do. I don't want to miss "the window". I've been warned by other mom's about "the window". I'm also worried that Reese's communication skills aren't quite ready for potty training, but what if she really is ready?? I do like the idea of no more diaper expenses...

Any advise from you "potty" experienced mom's??


2 comments:

Kelly & Tasha said...

Mindi - my sister just potty trained her barely 2 yr old or actually just a little while before she turned 2. Here is her blog on it: http://adamandtori.blogspot.com/2010/04/pt-successes.html
She used some method that she got from a friend from the internet. She has a link to it, but has said that it has worked great. She says since then she has only had 1 mishap. I don't know if it's any help at all. Good luck!

Unknown said...

I say go for it. All of the kids in my family were trained before two as was Peyton. If she resists just back off. We talked about, read stories about and let Peyton sit on a potty seat to read stories etc for a while then let her go naked one morning and bam she was done.