Monday, April 12, 2010

Hair Help!

Ok, I hate my hair!!! I've decided it's time for a change, but I don't know what to do. I need everyone's advice and/or opinion. If you've known me for a long time...you've probably seen my hair, blond, brown, red...short, medium, long! I feel like I've done it all. My hair was short and kind of blond last summer. Then I went dark for the winter and I've been growing it, but it's at that awkward, length stage and I'm sick of it. You see, I love my hair long but the truth is...long is so hard as a mom, especially for me. My hair is beyond thick and when it's long it's hot and takes forever to do. So ultimately it just ends up in a pony tail everyday. Then I get headaches and I'm still hot!! When I was single and working, long was easy. I had all the time in the world to blow dry it and fix it everyday, and then I spent everyday in an air conditioned office and/or house. Now I a mom and have very little time and will spend most my days outside during the summer. I need fast, easy and cool.

So hears my questions for everyone...Do I cut it short (see some example of ideas below)? or do I suffer through this awkward grow out period and grow it long...putting it in a ponytail the entire summer.

Question #2. Do I stay dark or go back to blond or a carmely blond/brown for the summer??

Please comment! I need help!!!






One of my friends requested that I post some picture of me with a variety of lengths and colors, so everyone could get a better visual of me...heaven knows I don't look anything like the models/actresses above. So here ya go....if only I were as skinny as some of these photos...one day!

last summer at Reese's b-day party...excuse the cheesy grin.
When I first went short after Reese was born...and kind of blond.
Dark-medium length, right after Reese was born.
Short - dark...Halloween with Reese
Really blond-medium (7 months pregnant)
Long - Carmel blond...ohhh our engagement pictures :)
Really long - blond (swim suit shopping, when I actually didn't mind swim suit shopping)
Really long - Red (Dating days)
long - Carmel blond (no bangs)
Long - dark
Hope that helps with the advice. I know it's given me more motivation to work out!

11 comments:

Iliana said...

I vote blond and I love Kristin Cavallari's (sp?) (the top one) cut. So cute! I wish I could change it up but I despise those brown people who have blond hair, sick:) you'd look so chic with it though!

Iliana said...

okay. I now vote either medium blond and short like the first picture of Kristen, OR really long;) You do have great long hair! Blond or Brown! Sorry, i'm no help!

Chellese said...

I love the photo scrapbook! You look great no matter the look, and I totally love that you like to change it up. Why not pink or purple hair? Last time I saw Andrea (the stylist) I really liked her purple/blond combo - I'm not kidding!

Mindika said...

I love you Chellese...but that is no help :) I'm not cool/young/hip enough for purple hair! LOL

chingchong7 said...

Um wow..that is a very hard one, Mindi you really look fabulous in any hair style!! Long or short! But I totally understand that awkward length, I think I am finally pass that - so hang in there if you want long hair.
But I am with Iliana, I like the first pic of Kristen! Can't wait to see what you decide to do!

Brad and Michelle Peterson said...

Such great pictures! It is so fun to see you through the years. Abby said she liked your hair really blonde, Delin likes it short and brown in the picture just after Reese was born. I like it dark brown and if you go short the 3rd picture down.(sorry i am bad with names). But you always look good! I want to know what Arnold likes?

Kelly & Tasha said...

Mindi - You always look great!! If my opinion is worth anything, :) (I haven't seen you forever), I love your short, dark hair. Good luck in deciding. I just chopped mine off from being long. - Natasha

Meggs said...

Mindi-
First of all, you are always a hot momma. I love your style! My vote is for medium blond and I think if you let it grow you can still style it cute, because c'mon its you!
Meghann

Julie Kaye said...

You really do look great with all of your hair colors.....Lucky that you have great hair!!! I really do think that you look great dark......what if you did some caramel AND some RED highlights. It is a great way to spice up dark hair, AND keep it healthy and shiny! Good luck! (P.S. cut some more layers as you grow your hair out, and it wont be as heavy or as awkward!)

Unknown said...

I like medium and brown or long caramel best. i wish I was brave enough to change my hair like that.

Brady and Erika said...

Many Moore style and brown.