Saturday, October 31, 2009

Ward Halloween Party

I'm really hoping we can get some better pictures of Reese in her costume tonight, because she was anything but cooperative the night of our ward Halloween party. I think the first problem was the party didn't start until 7 p.m. and that's usually the time we start winding down around here. She is usually snuggled with me on the couch relaxing before she goes to bed at 8 p.m.

After I got her in her costume, the first thing she wanted was blanky and binky!

It's a lot harder to maneuver the stairs when you have wings...
We had to get a picture of Cohen & Reese. They are just 3 days apart and where nursery buddy's in the hospital. They both look thrilled to be at the party.
Last year Reese and Cohen where just 7 weeks old on Halloween. They were also both Harley Biker Babies. I can't believe it's been a whole year.
This year their costumes were a little more extravagant. Too cute!
Reese with her buddy Gavin. She's trying to steal his candy...but Gavin out smarts her; he takes the candy out of the box and gives her the empty box. Smart kid!
So I slaved all day making the cute little mini pumpkin tarts for the party, but what do my husband and daughter eat...the Twinkies that someone else brought. What was I thinking???
This was pretty much my view or Reese the entire party. She was only stationary if one of us was holding her. She had the best time running all over the gym, checking out all the other kids costumes, stealing their candy, and dancing from time to time. We should have made her a butterfly, because Reese is one social butterfly.

Reese and her friend Sydney Gardner. I love how they're checking out each other's costumes! Girls will be girls.


After the food, dancing, and trunk-or-treating...Reese was partied out. But not too tired for a sucker!
A big thanks to Estella for the darling Halloween costume! I had wanted Reese to be a Lady Bug for Halloween and was planning on making her costume, but Estella must have read my mind. She gave Reese the cutest Lady Bug costume for her birthday. She saved me a lot of work! You're the best Estella!