Sunday, October 4, 2009

A new path...

What a week!!! I can't believe I haven't posted since Monday. That feels like a life time ago...that's how long this week has been. I have to start by saying that I love Conference weekend. It's so relaxing, uplifting and just rejuvenating. We have had a great weekend around here. It's been a good ending to an other wise crazy week.

If you haven't heard, I was laid off this week. But before you gasp and hurry to pick up the phone and ask me how I'm doing...I have to reassure you...it's all good. Arnold and I have known and felt this was coming for some time. Knowing what we knew about my agency and sensing some of the things going down...it wasn't a big surprise. To make a very long story short, the agency hasn't been doing well for some time and last week we lost two more major clients (like million dollar clients). Well, changes had to be made and as one of the last two people still working from home, part time; it was me to go (as well as 4 others). It makes sense and I don't blame them. I was working my way down the totum pole, not up, and Kim and Judy were both aware of that. Right now, with the agency in trouble they need full time, workaholic, 200% dedicated employee's...and well that's just not me right now.

What has surprised me is how good I feel about it. I have yet to shed a single tear or feel an ounce of anxiety or stress. In fact when Kim and Judy delivered the big news, they were both sobbing...I was smiling. They said, "Why are you smiling Mindi, this is the hardest thing we've had to do and your smiling." I can't explain it...I had the most comforting, overwhelming reassurance of peace as I was driving to my meeting and it just got stronger as they delivered the news to me. I feel strongly that this is a good thing that will lead or maybe push Arnold and I in the direction we need to be. I have always said, and definitely believe, that the greatest blessings come when we allow our faith to lead us into the darkness, down an unknown path.

We are truly blessed. Blessed that I've been able to work as long as I have, especially from home. Blessed that we have no debt and a very healthy savings. Blessed that we are both talented, smart and capable people. Blessed that we have the gospel, the spirit, and each other. Blessed to have family and friends surrounding us for love and support. Blessed for a list of reasons I could spend all night naming.

Anyway...the bottom line...I will now spend my time enjoying full time wife and mommy hood, expanding my many talents to discover other forms of supplementary income, catching up on all my unfinished projects around the house, and looking for my husband a better job (If you know of any leads...send them our way).

I'm actually kind of excited!!

3 comments:

Julie Kaye said...

Wow Min!!! I am thrilled that you felt so good! I would love to hang out more often......maybe we could do crafty things together! I need a tutor :)

Lindsey said...

I'm sorry about the job loss, but that's great that you feel so at peace with it all. You are so amazing Mindi, I think you could probably to just about anything. Maybe you should write a cookbook?!

Chellese said...

Mindi, I truly truly admire your faith and confidence. Teach me to have more of both.