Thursday, October 22, 2009

No spiders for Reese...

Today I decided to do a little craft project with Reese. We made this pumpkin together. She helped me trace the pumpkin and glue on the face. She even helped me color the stem. When we were done, I decided to make the cute little spider on top. Reese wasn't a part of my spider making, by this time she was done with crafts. Not much of an attention span at 13 months.

Anyway...after I made the spider I thought it would be cute attached to the pumpkin. Boy was that a mistake. When Reese saw the spider on her pumpkin she flipped out. She was terrified of this cute little spider.

Are you ready for it...at first she questioned....
then she freaked...
So I removed Mr. Spider...poor little thing...
She was once again happy with her pumpkin.

But that doesn't mean we didn't spend the rest of the night torturing her with Mr. Spider. It was hilarious. Anytime we would put it close to her she would freak out. Arnold even tried to show her that it couldn't hurt her. But ultimately she is not a fan. I finally had to hide Mr. Spider because even if Reese saw him sitting on the counter she would start pointing and crying.

At one point we saw her eyeing the spider and slowly moving closer to it, as if she was thinking about touching it. At that moment Arnold said "Boo" and it scared little Reese to death...mom was not happy with dad! After that, Mr. Spider had no hope!



1 comment:

Iliana said...

That's what dads are supposed to do... but the heck out of their children and spouse:) That is so funny that she hated it! She reminds me so so so much of Gavin; her way or she'll let you know. That's the best kind of personality!