Monday, November 30, 2009

Today...

wasn't a good day. I don't know why but I just woke up sad. I spent most of the day on the verge of tears for no apparent reason. I wrote it off as pregnancy hormones and lack of sleep. Then Studio 5 called and cancelled my appearance for tomorrow. They wanted to reschedule for some time in the next few weeks. No problem, except I had dragged my self to the grocery store this morning to buy all the ingredients. Lame!! Then I was having problems with my website, couldn't figure things out. Frustrating!! Just one emotional crappy day.

Then tonight I found out that my Aunt passed away. My heart sunk. She had been dying for several months. We were expecting it any day, but for some reason it's still painful and really really sad. For many reasons that would take too long to explain, the process of her death has been frustrating and difficult to deal with for our family. My heart breaks for my mom and her 4 sisters, who in the last 3 years have lost both their parents and now their baby sister. Some times life can really throw a curve ball.

My Aunt Valarie was my favorite aunt when I was growing up. The youngest of my mom's sisters, I was one of the flower girls at her wedding. She was always the cool aunt, hosting slumber parties, taking us shopping, and giving us facials. I have many wonderful memories.

The last time I saw my Aunt, healthy and happy, was a little over a year ago. We took Reese up to Idaho to see my grandmother before she passed away. I snapped this picture of my Aunt holding Reese. She was so excited to see Reese. She was so sweet holding her. I never would have dreamed in a million years that she would be gone so quickly.

Life is short, life is unpredictable, and life is precious!

4 comments:

Chellese said...

I'm so sorry about your crappy day and about your Aunt. You're right, life throws a lot of curve balls. I hope your December starts better than your November ended. Can I do anything for you?

Iliana said...

Im sorry mindi. Let me know what I can do. Which you wont so I guess I'll have to guess :)

Julie Kaye said...

Sorry that you had such a bad day. I am just glad that you share it with us all. I sometimes forget you aren't super-human!! I feel so sad about your Aunt. It makes me want to live each day fuller, and happier! I love YOU!

Bethany said...

I'm sorry Mindi. Death is so hard. It's hard when the outcomes are not what we imagined. I'm grateful that some day we will have a greater understanding of how and why life unfolds like it does.