Friday, November 13, 2009

What I've been up to this week...

A couple weeks ago I had Studio 5 on as I was cleaning the house. This lady demonstrated how to take old sweaters and make these cute beanies. I happened to have a bag of clothes sitting by the door, ready to go to DI. In the bag were a few old sweaters. So, I thought to myself...this seems easy enough. I decided to try one and realized just how easy it really was. I've now made about 20 hats, without spending a dime. I just think they're so cute.

Now ask me what I'm going to do with all these hats?? I have no idea. A couple for Reese, one for me, and one for my niece......I have too many hats....

Here are a few examples...







7 comments:

Louise said...

How adore able. I need the pattern. We are having a Relief Society sharing night for Christmas ideas. So creative Mindi! Thanks for the ideas.

Iliana said...

I love them and your instanity in being unable to stop:) They are so cute. Gav might be able to pull one off!

Lindsey said...

So cute! I'm no seamstress, but I think I may need the pattern too!

Kathy said...

So cute! What stitch did you use? Or did you surge the edges?

lvohs@hotmail.com & dvohs4@gmail.com said...

those are too cute! please show me how to make them!

sandals said...

I have 4 daughters (you could send some to me) ;) LOVE THEM!!!

Christy and Shaun said...

I would love some and i could pay you for them also!!!! and a pattern would be good also!!