Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Gingerbread Tradition

Several years ago my sister started the tradition of decorating gingerbread houses with her family each year after Thanksgiving. Arnold and I have joined in the last few years and definitely want to start the same tradition with our family.

It made the perfect FHE activity last night. We weren't sure Reese would have much interest, but she really got into it. She thought she was such a big girl helping to decorate. And of course there was the candy. So much candy, she wasn't sure were to start.

Reese and Daddy, decorating fun.
I love these shots of her with her mouth full of candy.
No, she didn't sprout all her teeth overnight. That a white chocolate pretzel in her mouth.
Mommy's gum tiled roof.
The finished product. The cute little Thiebaud gingerbread ranch.

Our gumdrop family.
Backyard
This is our guest cottage. I was very proud of my fruity pebble Christmas trees.

3 comments:

Iliana said...

Wow, those are awesome!!

Lacy said...

I wish I had to patience to make my own. I am sure I will be purchasing one from Target!

Bethany said...

Wow, amazing! You do so many neat things!