Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sick!

"I cannot go to school today," said little Peggy Ann McKay. "I have the measles and the mumps, a gash, a rash and purple bumps. My mouth is wet, my throat is dry, I'm going blind in my right eye.....

Just a little excerpt from my favorite Shel Silverstein poem. That's just for you Sally!

Only my little Reeses isn't faking. She really is sick and it’s the first time she's gotten sick sense leaving the hospital when she was born.

When we were kids and we got sick, my mom would make us a bed on the couch. We would snuggle with our blanky and stuffed animals and watch TV while we drifted in and out of sleep all day. My mom would make us soup and bring us juice and crackers.

That's pretty much what Reese has been doing for the last couple of days. I'm either holding her or she' snuggled right next to me watching Sesame Street. I bring her bottles, water, and the occasional cracker. When she drifts off to sleep I put her in her crib. I hate seeing my little monkey so sick. She has been sleeping so much, I almost miss her. Yesterday she took two 4 hour naps, then slept 13 hours at night. So far today she's well into the 4th hour of her first nap. I've noticed with Reese that when she's in pain or not feeling well...she sleeps a lot. She does the same thing when she's teething. I'm glad she's getting the rest she needs though.


Today I built up the pillows next to me so she could see the TV better. She was so cute sitting up high watching TV.


Last night we gave her a popsickle to cool her off. She loved it! I helped her at first, but when she got the hang of it...she devoured it and made a huge mess.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

ohhhh I hate when our babies get sick! It always makes me feel so bad for Peys, and I get just as exhausted since I am working overtime to take care of her. I hope she gets better and you can rest a little.

Tran said...

Poor Little Reese.. I hope she gets better soon. It's always a dreaded moment in a parents life when their child gets sick. You just want to take it all away and make it disappear but you can't. I am glad you guys had a fantastic time in Texas.

Chellese said...

Poor bug. That first picture captures the essence of sick kid - such an unusual state. Feel better little Reese.

chingchong7 said...

Looks like you guys had fun in San Antonio! Hope little Reese is feeling all better and mommy too!