Friday, May 22, 2009

Happy birthday Jen!

My big sister turned 37 on May 21st. I would give her a bad time about her age, but I'm only 2 years behind so it isn't really funny! Here are a few fun things you may not know about my sister...

-Although she rivals Martha Stewart these days...when she first got married she could hardly boil water. But that's the amazing thing about my sister. When she decides she wants to do something, like learn to cook, there's no stopping her. From learning to make her own lotion to her most recent venture in making her own yogurt...there's nothing she can't do.

-When she was young if you would have asked her what she wanted to do after she graduated, she would have said she wanted to go into business and not get married until she was a lot older. She ended up getting married at 18 and becoming a mother at 20. I however, ended up going into business and not getting married until I was 32...go figure.

-We have always been best friends. When we were little I used to get so jealous when she would go to her friends house's to play. So I would sneak out of the house, go to her friend’s house, and tell her that mom said she had to come home. It only worked a few times before she caught on to my little trick. But it was only because I really wanted her to play with me.

-She looks extremely young for her age. When her youngest baby girl, Mycol, was about 3 years old she took her to the store. While waiting in line the guy in front of her turned around and said, "Your little sister is so cute." Jen said, "She’s not my little sister, she's my daughter." The guy then told her she looked way to young to have a child. Jen laughed and said, "Too young...I have two other kids at school right now. This is my baby." It's so hard to look so young.

Well Jen, I hope you had a happy birthday. You deserve it! And remember, you're only as old as you think you are.



We just got a new scanner, so I couldn't resist scanning a few fun pictures of me and my big sis growing up. We were pretty inseperatable.



1 comment:

Louise said...

So fun to see the photos. I think Reese is a mini Mindi!!