Thursday, May 14, 2009

8 Months...If only time stood still.

Just a few things to remember about 8 months old:

- The other day I was running around the house picking things up and doing laundry. When I finished I sat down on the couch by Reese. She was watching Sesame Street of course. As soon as I sat down she crawled onto my lap, curled up lying on her side with her hands under her head. I put my hand on her side and she reached her arm around and pulled my hand into her chest clutching it tightly. I took my other hand and ticked her head and face. She fell asleep in like 5 minutes. It was the probably the cutest thing she's ever done.

- Reese insists on turning the pages of her books when we read. Last night as we were reading her bedtime story, I accidentally turned one of the pages. She looked up at me, and gave me a very disapproving look. She looked back at the book, turned the page back and turned it herself. She then looked back up at me and smiled. I had to try so hard not to laugh.

- Reese say's mama all the time, but usually it's not in reference to me per say. However the other day she was playing by the bookshelf and accidentally pulled down a heavy book and it knocked her over. She started crying and immediately came crawling towards me, crying mama mama mama, until she reached me. Who knows...maybe she knows I'm her mama?

- Reese watches everything we do with great intent. I will often find her staring at Arnold or me. I love the look on her face...it's like I'm actually witnessing her learning something new. She will then try to mimic us. It's pretty amazing.

- Reese pulls herself up to everything and walks along side things. She hasn't quite attempted walking solo but I'm sure she'll get to that soon enough. I've had to adjust to having fingerprints and slobber on just about every surface of the house under 3 feet. She's also lost interest in most of her toys. Who needs toys when there's a whole world of adult things to explore. As you can see below, anything within reach gets pulled off shelves. I have now moved her books up a shelf. She gets mad that she can't reach them anymore.

1 comment:

Louise said...

What a doll Reese is! She is going to be a bookworm. Books are great treasures for children and adults. Keep up the great work!