Tuesday, September 27, 2011

3 years feels like a lifetime...

And for Reese it has been. I can't believe how quickly the last three years has gone. My little baby is a full grown little lady and she reminds me daily that she's "so grown up mom".

Stats:
Height - 39 inches 91%
Weight - 33 lbs. 79%

Smarts:
Knows her alphabet
Can count to 13
Knows all her shapes & colors
Can spell her name
Can read (or recognize) a few small words

I'm always writing down the cute and funny things that Reese says, and I think they paint a pretty good picture of her personality and fun little spirit, but I didn't want her her third birthday to pass without also writing down a few of my thoughts and feelings about my little Reese.

At her 3 year doctors appointment Dr. Wynn asked if Reese can dress herself. I almost burst out laughing. Can she dress herself?? She insists on picking out her own clothes and dressing herself and doing just about everything else you can think of for herself. If she had her way, she would would be cooking, cleaning, doing her own laundry and working at the mall by now. That is until she stubs her toe, falls out of the bath tub, or has a nightmare, then she's wants her mommy. Ok, so maybe I'm being a little extreme, but Reese is definitely one independent little lady. And for the most part, she is pretty successful at anything she tries or sets her mind to.

For example...

When we moved Reese to a "big girl" bed, a couple months before her 2nd birthday, we of course put a safety railing on the bed. Well a few months ago Reese decided she didn't want the railing on her bed anymore. I'm not sure why she was so bugged by it, but she would throw a fit every night. I was so worried that she would fall out of bed so I insisted that she keep it up, but after I would leave Reese would get out of bed and put it down. (stubborn and determined) However, I would still put it back up when I would check on her before I went to bed. Then one day I found her trying to rip it off her bed. She almost had it taken apart and I was afraid she was going to brake it, so we finally gave in and let her sleep with it down for a few nights. She did great, so we let her take it off.  It's been several months and she's only fallen out of bed once and that was at the beginning. Now she's a pro at staying in bed.

There really are no words for how much I love this kid. She makes me laugh, smile and want to smother her in kisses daily. She's the best big sister. She's so helpful and loving with Anniston. I feel so blessed to have two little girls and I'm so glad they have each other. I've said this before, but I really feel with all my heart that I was meant to be a "girl" mom. I think Heavenly Father really knows what he's doing when he sends us the children that he does. Reese is so much like me that sometimes I have to verbally remind myself that she's her own person and not a carbon copy of me. I know through out her life she will continue to bring us so much joy, as well as give us many challenges and frustrations, but I will gladly lead her or walk beside her through the storms of life as long as she'll let me. If the time ever comes when she doesn't want me there, I'll just follow and be two steps behind to help lift her when she falls.

I love you Reese!  Never doubt it!


Reese through the years...

Reese 2 weeks
  Photobucket
6 months
Photobucket

Photobucket

1 year
Photobucket

Photobucket

18 months
Photobucket
2 years
Photobucket

Photobucket

3 years
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 year interview:
What's your favorite...
food - carrots...oh oh oh..and broccoli
drink - water
treat - chocolate, like daddy
surprise - lots of presents
T.V. show - Micky Mouse Club House
movie - Gnomeo and Jet  (Gnomeo and Juliet)
book - Wacky Wednesday
color - yellow and pink
song - twinkle star
place to go - park
thing to do - play outside
friends - Roro and Brynny
thing to do - play toys
thing about mommy - just everything mom
thing about daddy - when he plays toys with me
thing about Anni - holding her and play with her

What's your favorite thing about...."I gotta go mom. No questions. I gotta play..."



No comments: