Saturday, September 3, 2011

Reesy Piece...

And it continues....

I came upstairs one morning after running on the treadmill. I was dripping in sweat...
Reese: Mommy? You take a shower in your clothes?
Mom: No, I was excising and this is just sweat.
Reese: What sweat mean mom?
(After an obviously too complicated/too complex explanation of sweat...)
Reese: What ever mom...it's just yucky!


After running on the treadmill for 40 minutes Reese looks at me and says, "Good job mom, you getting so big." ...ummm..."big"?? Some times the encouragement of a 3 year old leaves a lot to be desired. Fortunately I think she's just reflecting what I always tell her; that she's growing so "big" and strong.


Mom: Reese, let's go get dressed for the day.
Reese: Why mom? Where we going?
Mom: (as if we need to go somewhere to get dressed) To the moon, for lunch.
Reese: (with a very puzzled look) you got a rocket mom?
Mom: yep, I borrowed one from NASA.
Reese: (an even more puzzled look, followed by a big smile) you teasing me mom?
Mom: yep, I'm teasing. You're just too smart for me kiddo.
Reese: (while laughing) yep, I very too smart for you mom.


I love the way Reese says certain words incorrectly, and while I know I should correct her and help her learn to say them properly, sometimes I just like the sweet innocents of her cute little baby language. Some examples include:

Reese trying to say my name: "Your name minkama mommy?"
Bubble gum is "gumble gum"
A bath tub is a "pad pad" (this one baffles even me)
Chocolate Milk is "choco milk"
Old Navy is "Old Lady"
I call Anniston "Anni Banani" sometimes, Reese calls her "Bany Anni"
Delicious is "elicious"
Cereal is "c-low"
licorice is "lick-o-lis"


I know I should change this, but I often use the phrase, "oh crap" when something goes wrong, I drop something, etc... When Reese hears me say this she always responds, "Oh crap what mom?"


I'm really careful not to talk about loosing weight in front of Reese. I never tell her that I'm dieting or exercising to "loose weight" or because I'm fat. I always tell her that I exercise to be healthy or I'm trying to eat healthy. The other day she came up the stairs carrying one of my weights. I asked her what she was doing... "I'm being healthy mommy. Exercising being healthy."


Reese: Mom, help me with my puzzle.
Mom: Ok, (I sit down and start working on puzzle, but then Reese stops working on puzzle.)
Mom: Aren't you going to help me?
Reese: I tired mom
Mom: I thought you wanted me to do the puzzle with you? We don't have to do the puzzle if you're tired.
Reese: No mom I want you do the puzzle. I just watch.
Mom: What, do you think you're management around here? I do all the work and you just watch?
Reese: What "magment" mean mom?

No comments: