Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"itty" bows!

Yesterday was a momentous occasion in the life of Reese. We've had quite the struggle in getting Reese to keep anything in her hair. Over the last couple weeks she's finally allowed me to put hair bands in, but no bows. They are ripped out immediately.

But not today. I decided to approach the bow situation from a completely different angle. I used to try and sneak them into her hair, distract her, and hope she didn't notice. Obviously it didn't work. Today I showed her the bows, let her hold them and told her how pretty they were. Then I let her watch me put it in her hair. We looked in the mirror and talked about how pretty bows are on little girls. She ate it up. She started pointing to the bow and saying "itty, itty!" Through out the day she would randomly come up to me, point to her head and say "itty, itty!" I'm happy to report that the bow lasted the entire day!!

Hurray for Reese and her "itty" bows!

Reese is rather annoyed with me in this picture. I'm blocking her view of the television.

2 comments:

empty nester said...

She really is a 'girl'. Reese just gets cuter and cuter.

{lindy baker cakes} said...

Looks so cute!