Monday, April 16, 2012

City Creek Center

Have you visited City Creek Center yet??

This place will always have a little place in my heart. If you know me, you know that I lived downtown for 8 years working for Zions Securities Corporation; the company that handles all the churches commercial, retail and residential real estate. When I first started working at ZSC I worked in the commercial department, managing office towers. After a few years I transferred to the retail/mall department where I eventually became the Marketing Director for what was then the ZCMI Center and Crossroads Plaza malls.

In my last year working at ZSC I was lucky enough to be a part of the team that first envisioned what is now the City Creek Center. I participated in the very first brain storms and mock ups of this beautiful place, and while it changed many times over the years, until final development, It was exciting and a little emotional to see many of our original idea's executed and brought to life.

I'm a little sad that I didn't take more pictures. I forgot my good camera and I was a little preoccupied, soaking it all in and chasing Reese around, before I realized that I could use my phone. But here are just a few shots. I will definitely take more pictures next time. If for no other reason than nostalgia.

This is Eagle Gate Plaza, one of the few buildings that didn't get demolished. It is my favorite downtown building. Maybe because it was one of the first buildings I helped manage. I have so many happy memories with this building. One includes the mock-prom I threw for my roommate Natalie in the top floor old Huntsman space. She missed her senior prom, when her grandmother passed away. So with the help of her high school boy friend, we recreated prom for her. One of my other favorites is taking my nieces and nephews up and down the elevators. They loved to go all the way to the top and look out the windows. You can see the whole Salt Lake Valley from up there. They especially liked it at night.
Photobucket


This is the new Zions Bank building. It stands where the old Gateway Tower East building once stood. My office was on the 15th floor of the GTE building. The new building is so beautiful!
Photobucket


This is the new Kirton McConkie building that stands where the old ZCMI Food Court and the old Deseret Book Building used to be.  It's a beautiful building as well. Reese especially loved the waterfall. She loved all the water features through out the mall, especially the creek that runs through the entire bottom floor.
We're standing right outside the new City Creek Food Court.
Photobucket


Of course Reese's favorite store in the whole mall...the Disney Store. We spent a good chunk of time checking it out.
Photobucket

And no trip downtown would be complete without a stroll through temple square. Reese loved the infinity fountain. She didn't understand why we couldn't go swimming in it.
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: