Friday, March 25, 2011

Happy Cry

I started crying last night as I was reading Reese her bedtime story "Guess How Much I Love You". Maybe it was my overwhelming gratitude and emotion for being blessed with two beautiful amazing girls, a wonderful husband and pretty much everything I've ever dreamed of, or maybe it was just my joy to be home from the hospital and reading bedtime stories to my little Reesy again. Most likely it was postpartum hormones mixed with exhaustion, but either way it was a happy cry.

Reese noticed and looked up at me, "mommy cry? mommy sad?". I explained to her that I wasn't sad, I was happy. I told her that sometimes when you're so happy, you cry. She looked at me puzzled so I went on to tell her how happy I was to be home with her, to have baby Anniston and daddy and to have such a happy family. I said, "I'm just so happy it made me cry a happy cry."

That's when she started to fake cry, "Wa wa wa wa, Reesy happy cry too." Then she gave me a big hug and kiss, which really just made me want to cry a little more.

3 comments:

Louise said...

How touching!!! Welcome home Mindi and Anniston!! Hope to talk to you today sometime. So excited to see Anniston and Reese and all of you. Love you!!!!!!!!!

Jill Bowcutt said...

Congrats on the new baby girl! She is absolutely beautiful. I hope you are all recovering and adjusting well. How blessed your life is going to be with 2 beautiful daughters! I'm a little jealous!

Gina said...

Congrats on a sweet new baby girl Mindi! I'm so happy this blessing is finally yours after a long journey to get here. Miss you guys!