Sunday, April 3, 2011

The first few days...

I can't begin to tell you how happy I was to come home from the hospital and sleep in my own bed. As much as I enjoyed my one on one time with Anniston, and having no house to pick up and no meals to prepare, there's nothing like sleeping in your own bed.

It was also nice to have my mom and dad her to help me adjust to life with two kids. My mom cooked all our meals, did the laundry, cleaned the house, and played/took care of Reese when I needed help. It was a nice transition.

It was also nice for Reese to have some extra attention. She is adjusting to life as a big sister pretty well. While she wasn't quite sure what to think of Anniston in the hospital, she has adored her little sister ever since we got home. She has become an excellent helper and is always there to smother her sister with kisses.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

{lindy baker cakes} said...

She's a pretty baby! It's so nice that you had great help!

katielayne said...

She is so adorable!! Love the picture with her and your MOm!!
So glad that things are going well for all of you!!!

Katie

Sushi-Mama said...

Beautiful!! She looks absolutely perfect. I cried reading about how YOU cried. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and pictures. Now, does your Mom age? Seriously. She looks the same as she did 25 years ago!