Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bed Rest...

It's no secret this pregnancy has been a rough one. From the start I've been sick, deathly tired, labeled "high risk", baned from exercise, told to stay off my feet as much as possible, and suffered just about every pregnancy symptom from the stereotypical to the obscure. I guess it's only fitting that I would once again be put on bed rest for the final 2 weeks. Like the cherry on top of all suffering, I feel tortured. I'm in full nesting mode; anxious to get my house cleaned, organized and everything just perfect before the baby comes. But instead my legs are banned to horizontal positions while I suffer constant discomfort and pain.

The words of one of my favorite poems keeps circling my mind...

"The easy gift, is easy to forget.
But what is bought with coin of pain...
Is dearly kept!"

"Coin of pain"....my account is in the red.

That being said, I remind myself that I asked for this. I wanted this. I prayed for this...even begged for this, and I wouldn't take it back for anything.

There was a time in my life that I wondered if the role of motherhood would ever be mine. I had submitted myself to the Lord and knew what ever path my life followed would be what he wanted for me. My happiness has never comes from a title, but from inner peace of the spirit; knowing my life is in sink with the Lords will.

So here I sit...or lay...miserable but happy. With each kick to my internal organs I'm amazed and grateful for the life that grows inside me. She will be dearly kept!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

TWO WEEKS! You can do it Mindi you can do it! Let me know if I can help.