Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Good First...Bad First

Today Reese had a couple of firsts. She sat up all by herself for the first time. Good first! She actually did it several times. She eventually leans forward until she falls over to the side, but a first is a first.

She also fell off the couch and landed on her head for the first time. Bad first! The sad thing is that I was right there. She was sitting right next to me and suddenly she lunged herself forward right onto the floor. I couldn't catch her fast enough. It scared her more than it hurt her, but it was still pretty traumatic. My poor little monkey. She cried herself into a pretty good afternoon nap though.

(I tried to get a good shot of Reese sitting up, but every time I got the camera out she wanted to play with it more than sit up. That's why she's leaning forward in both pictures. She's trying to reach the camera.)

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow, she's an amazing baby to be sitting up already! That's so sad about falling off the couch, though. Unfortunately they all seem to do it at some point! I'm glad she's ok!

Brady and Erika said...

I have the same problem! Crew will be doing something adorable and the minute he spots a camera in my hand he stops and wants to play with it. Sometimes I have to turn on the camera in the other room so he won't hear it, then sneak up on him. By that time he usually is doing something else anyway. I wish knew a solution, I'd let you know. ~e~

pam said...

I hated it when Jackson fell off the bed. I cried right along with him. It was so sad. I'm sorry it happened to you and little Reese too. (Thanks for inviting me again!!! My passwords were all messed up whenever I would sign in.)