Thursday, February 5, 2009

5 Months Old!

Next Tuesday Reese will be 5 months old. Here are few fun facts about our little 5 month old Reesy.

1. She's mobile. Reese can roll both directions and she's definitely all over the place. She can get from one end of the house to the other at a blink of the eye. Mommy has to watch her pretty closely. She's now started bending her knee up under her and trying to push forward. I know it won't be long before she figures out how to scoot herself forward. I'm scared.

2. She can hold her own bottle. This makes feeding times a lot easier.

3. She is the happiest baby! She laughs and smiles all day long, and her laugh is so contagious. The other day I had the hiccups and every time I would hiccup, she would burst into laughter. It took me a while to figure out what she was laughing at. Who knew the hiccups were so funny.

4. She is just dying for real food. She's been watching mommy and daddy eat grown up food with great intrigue for some time, but lately it's turned into persistence. She now gives me this hurtful look as I'm eating. She pouts and licks her lips, never taking her eyes off the food. It's pretty funny. I was eating cheerios the other morning and she reached in the bowl, grabbed a handful and shoved them in her mouth faster than I could stop it. She was not happy when I dug them all out of her mouth. In due time my little monkey...in due time.

5. She gives kisses. I've been practicing this with her for months. Now when I ask for kisses, about 90% of the time she'll pucker her lips as I move in for the kiss. After I kiss her, I cheer and say "yea kisses". She thinks it's pretty funny.

6. She spitts. Very cute now, won't be so cute in a year or so. She sticks out her tounge razzes at us, spraying spit everywhere. She then laughs histarically, like it's the funniest things she's ever done.

I could probably go on forever talking about all the cute and adorable things our little 5 month old can do, but I'll stop. Bottom line, she's just the best thing that's ever happened to us. How can people not want kids? Who would ever what to miss this experience? It's beyond me.











3 comments:

Unknown said...

She is so cute!!! And getting so big, she seems really tall. I love this stage that our babies are at right now, it is so fun to see them figure things out. At least your kisses are closed mouth, Brooklyn goes in for the wide open mouth kisses and we get slimmed every time:)

Audrey said...

We would love to have you join our book club. Everyone is welcome. We have so much fun visiting and sharing lots of laughs. Hope you become a regular for sure!

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the invite! I love all the cute Reese pics and stories. I am so impressed with her rolling abilities! Alexis just rolled over for the first time this week...I don't think I'm ready for her to be mobile yet! I have been meaning to invite you to our blog for a long time too...expect one soon! Thanks for being more on top of things than I am!