Thursday, June 19, 2008

Third Trimester Blues

I'm beginning to wonder if being pregnant is a little glimpse into what it must feel like when you get old. My grandma always say's that the worst part of aging is your body and mind stop agreeing. Your mind still wants to be young and go go go...but you body keeps saying stop stop stop. That's very much what I feel like these days. My third trimester has hit and I'm beginning to feel my body slowly resisting all my good intensions. I start out the day with a "to do" list that seems fairly reasonable, but by item 2 or 3 my body cries out..."What are you doing to me!” It's rather discouraging. I've never been someone content with sitting around doing nothing. It drives me crazy. I've also never been a nap taker. I will admit that when I met my husband he introduced me to the Sunday afternoon nap and I do now occasionally indulge, but even that drives me crazy some Sundays. These days however, by body is begging me for more and more naps and my mind is saying..."But we have so much to do!" In my little world, it's complete torture.

On a side note, if anyone is interested in going the upcoming Lavender Days, I have $1 off admission coupons (check out http://www.younglivingfarms.com/lavdays.asp for more info). Also, if you really do love El Pollo Loco, I have a few gift certificates left and I'm happy to give you one. They're for free meals. Just give me a call and I'll hook you up.

3 comments:

Chellese said...

Thanks again for the little goodie bags and gift certificates from El Pollo Loco. We're looking forward to it. Thanks also for the note and gift you sent in the mail. We got it in a USPS envelope because your envelope had been ripped by their machines. Hudson and Holden loved getting something in the mail and I loved the lip gloss. So nice of you.

P.S. I loved seeing your wedding pics. Who did the pictures?

chingchong7 said...

Sounds like it's time for us to go get a pedicure together!!!!!

JR and Brynn said...

I totally hear you on the struggle of pregnancy. I felt the same way. You'll be amazed after you have her how quickly you'll be able to move. I remember thinking, "My gosh, I forgot how fast I could clean my floors or put away laundry without a belly in the way." It's a great feeling. Until then, hang in there.