Friday, June 13, 2008

Chick Food!

You may or may not notice that I've updated my 'recipe of the week' a little early. This week Arnolds been working late, as the crew filming for their new web site is in town and they have a lot of area to cover. He called me last night and said to go ahead and plan dinner without him. Now, while I miss him terribly I have to say I got a little excited about dinner because I happened to be watching the food network and Giada was making what looked like the yummiest Creamy Artichoke Soup. It looked so simple and easy. I really wanted to try it. However, this is definitely something Arnold would categorize as "Chick Food" and with him around it never would have been approved as dinner worthy. So I ran to the store bought the couple ingredients I was lacking and got to cooking. It turned out great and really was one of the best soups I've had. So, if you like artichokes I highly recommend it. And if you have a husband like mine...you might have to wait for a night alone or cook a huge steak to go with it. Enjoy!

P.S. I used sour cream instead of mascarpone cheese. If anyone knows where you can buy marscapone cheese in Utah County, please let me know.

1 comment:

chingchong7 said...

Wow girl you continue to amaze me!! I watch the Food Network 24/7 but I have never tried to make anything myself!!!