Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Crazy Chicken

It's only Tuesday and I'm already wishing tomorrow were Friday! The next few weeks will be quite busy for me as I gear up for all the PR and promotions surrounding the grand opening of El Pollo Loco "The Crazy Chicken" (one of my clients), and that's exactly what I feel like...a crazy chicken. For those of you familiar with El Pollo Loco, yes they are finally opening up their first location in Utah. For those of you who are not...it's a yummy California restaurant, made famous for their tasty citrus marinated, fire roasted chicken. If you’re already a huge fan, check back with me after the 24th and if I'm still alive and have any left over "FREE Meal" coupons I'll be happy to share.

As for the rest of my life things are moving along rather smoothly. Arnold and I spent Saturday painting Reese’s bedroom. I went with the green walls and they are so cute. We also hung the curtains and put together the dresser. RC Willey made a stop to deliver my recliner rocker. Yea!! It's so fun to see her little room coming together. I also got groceries, did the laundry and cleaned out my office. Well, needless to say I paid the price on Sunday. I was so tired and so soar, church was torture to sit through. I'm really struggling to learn my new limitations as a pregnant woman. It's pretty frustrating that I don't have the strength and/or stamina to accomplish as much as I used to in a day. But my doctor keeps assuring me that it will all come back.

Other interesting things going on in our lives right now...Arnold had a great event with the CVB last weekend. They played a significant role in bring the "STIHL Timber Sports" event to Utah. We went the VIP opening last Thursday and had a really fun time. I've never really watched the event on ESPN (surprise, surprise...ESPN? What's that?), but I actually really had a good time and found it very entertaining. This week Arnold has a big video shoot for the launch of their new web-site. A film crew will be flying in from California and Arnold will have to oversee the shoot. That means he'll be working all day Saturday (no fun), but I'm going to go and help him. It'll be a good time!

And last but not least, the basement construction is going strong. We found out on Monday that they should be done in about 3 weeks. That's ahead of schedule and I'm so happy. My food storage can finally move back to the basement. This also means that the furniture in Reese’s room can move to the basement and we can finish her room. Yea!!!! Of course it also means that I'll have to organize and decorate the basement family room, bathroom and bedroom, not to mention I'll now have a whole other floor to clean...but I'm going to focus on the positive. It's all good.

2 comments:

Chellese said...

Wow. I have to say you guys are very busy and ambitious. So exciting to get Reese's room put together and the basement finished so quickly. I can't wait to see both. BTW, we should schedule for VT. Janelle gets back on Thursday so maybe next week sometime. Take care.

chingchong7 said...

This is why you are AKA SUPER WOMAN!!!!!