Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day and Birthday Mom!

When I was in the 5th grade I had two best friends, Leigh-Ann and Katie. One day we got into a terrible fight and they were both really mad at me. For the life of me, I can't remember what the fight was about, but needless to say I was very sad. I didn't want to go to school the next day because I wouldn't have anyone to sit by me at lunch. I told my mom and asked her if I could stay home from school, but of course she said no. She kissed me good bye and told me everything woudl be ok. When the lunch bell rang and our class lined up to head to the lunchroom, I was really nervous. I would have to sit all by myself. But as we rounded the courner to the lunchroom, there stood my mom with lunch for two. She came to eat lunch with me that day and taught me that no matter what friends come in and out of my life, she would always be my very best friend! She has never let me down. Happy Mother's Day Mom! You are truly the worlds best mom! I only hope to be able to live up to your example!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so sweet! Don't you love moms and how "knowing" they are? Apparently I am emotional too cause it choked me up! What the heck?

pam said...

First I just have to say: WAY TO GO, AUNT DIXIE!!! That is the cutest, sweetest story ever!! I love it! Second, I LOVE YOUR BLOG!! Mindi, you are such a great writer! I'm so excited to keep up to date with what is going on ... especially because I've been the world's worst e-mailer lately. Congrats on finding out it's a girl! The name "Reese" is to die for. The minute Arnold sees her he won't care what her name is! Love you guys!!

Tran said...

That's such a wonderful story.. Mom's are the best and are always there for you when you least expect it. I think everyday should be mother's day.

Tennisa Nordfelt said...

Thanks for inviting me to your blog! Love it! What a darling photo of your mom.
Tennisa