Monday, May 19, 2008

Hammers & Garden Hoes

Well it's safe to say...the chaos has begun. The first phase of finishing our basement started this weekend. Currently everything that has been conveniently hiding in the basement has been moved up stairs or in the garage. I've had to become very creative in my rearranging of items to find new homes for all our junk. If anyone is in need of a bachelor futon...please say "I". It's either finding a new home very quickly or heading to the grave yard of Deseret Industries.


Truth be told, things are going much smoother than I had anticipated. The only thing that I have to slowly adapt to is my food storage on display in my dining room. I didn't really want it in the garage during the hot summer. But regardless of what your thinking...(those of you who know me well)...I'm being very flexible and telling myself that I can indeed live in chaos for a meir 6-8 weeks (deep deep breath...in through the nose and out through the mouth).


The fun news is that we planted our "Garden"??, if you can call it that. The benefit of living in a town home...no yard work. The down side of living in a town home...no yard for a garden. Last year was our first attempt at container gardening and it went very well. This year we've changed it up a bit by adding a zucchini plant. If all goes well, in a couple months I'll have zucchini for all. We're also growing tomato's again and herbs. I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

pam said...

I loved the Jack Handy quote! So funny! The bedding for Reese is ADORABLE!!!!! So cute!!! Also, way to go on the garden. We have one tomato plant so far and some flowers. I can't wait until we can have a big garden!

Janelle said...

I must have forgotten to text you.. I was thinking we should have a neighborhood garage sale! I was thinking this Saturday but because of Memorial day weekend a lot of people are going to be gone. Would you be interested in doing a garage sale on the 31st?

chingchong7 said...

We planted some flowers in the small patch in front of our house and the landscaping guys ripped them out! But the neighbors still have theirs??? What the heck?? But no worries we are going to buy more flowers and plant again (I'm sure it's agains HOA). But we are only making the neighborhood look pretty!! I love your little garden.