Monday, February 27, 2012

Reese says...

Reese: I really love you mom, but you being a little crazy not giving me a snack right now...cause I really hungry. So please not be crazy and I have a cheese stick?

Normally I would not suggest calling your mom crazy when negotiating to get your way...but starting out with the "I love you" was a pretty smooth move.


Talking to Reese about going camping this summer...
Reese: What we do camping mom?
Mom: We go somewhere in the woods or by a lake and we pitch a tent and have a campfire. It's so much fun!
Reese: Where we sleep?
Mom: We all sleep together in the tent. Our whole family. We get to snuggle together.
Reese: Yaaa! I so excited mom. I sleep by you and daddy and you scratch my back all the night long.
...ummmm...that's not what's going to happen...but I haven't broken the news to her just yet.


At the dinner table...
Reese: Boys are such silly nuckleheads.
(after we die laughing...inside)
Dad: What??
Mom: Who told you that?
Reese: Claire told me that about boys. Claire knows all about boys mom.
Mom: So does that mean that daddy is a nucklehead?
Reese: (laughing) Noooo mom! Daddy not a boy. He a daddy.
Insert mom and dad trying very hard not to laugh!


The other night Arnold and I discovered that over the course of the weekend Reese's play room had been hit by a hurricane...aka...serious kid destruction. Arnold asked Reese to start cleaning it up. After many protests, he informed her that if she didn't start cleaning up, he would...and any toys he picked up would be going into a "time-out" (She would loose them for a day). When I backed him up and reassured her that was indeed the case, she threw her hands down, head back and cried out in distress..."You're killing me guys!! You're killing me."


I was having a conversation with Reese the other morning about all the beautiful things about her...
Reese: My eye's brown mom?
Me: Yes, you have the most beautiful brown eye's.
Reese: But Anni have blue eye's. Blue eye's bootiful too mom?
Me: Yes, you are both beautiful. You can look different and both be very beautiful. That's the best part of our world. We have so many people who look different and they're all beautiful in many different ways. But do you know what the most beautiful thing about you is?
Reese: What so bootiful on me mom?
Me: The most beautiful thing about you is what's on the inside.
Reese: (looking at me like I'm crazy) like my bones mom? My bones inside bootiful too? That kinda silly mom.
After a good little inside chuckle, I explained what I meant. I don't think she totally grasped it...but she will one day.

No comments: