Tuesday, March 6, 2012

35 Things...

Arnold turned 35 on Saturday! Reese surprised him with a candy poster and party whistles. He got to take a day off from his diet, so we made him a yummy breakfast, relaxed and played as a family, then we went out to dinner with his sister and her family. Then they all came back to our house for cake and ice cream.

Arnold and I don't really get each other birthday gifts. We usually buy stuff we need or want...when we need or want them, so it's kind of pointless to spend money just for the sake of a birthday. Not to mention that Arnold really is a minimalist. He never really wants much...until he wants a really big thing...usually some sort of electronic device that I know nothing about. And he's made it very clear that clothes and ties don't count as gifts...so...for his his birthday I decided to write 35 things I love about my husband...

1. He is one of the most honest people I know. I'm going to ride his coat tails to the CK...just on his honesty and integrity alone.
2. He does the dishes....all the time...without me asking.
3. He's a huge help around the house. He always seems to know when I need help, and just jumps in and does it.
4. He's a true gentlemen in every way. It's one of the first things I loved about him.
5. He always thinks things through and never makes rash decisions...quite the opposite of me. That's why we make such a great team. We balance each other.
6. He tells me that I'm beautiful, even on days when I'm clearly not.
7. He loves that I'm a strong and independent woman, and allows me to be who I am.
8. He's usually always the first to say, "I'm sorry".
9. He puts up with all my "creative" cooking. Many nights, when an idea just doesn't turn out...he eats it anyway.
10. He can fix anything...even when he doesn't know how...he figures it out.
11. His overwhelming knowledge of all things electronic. I know he saves us a small fortune fixing our computers etc...
12. He always lets me sleep in, when he can.
13. He plays barbies and doll's with his girls.
14. When I'm emotional and "girly", he just hugs me and tells me every thing's going to be OK.
15. He has the most beautiful eyes.
16. He scratches my back every night to help me fall asleep.
17. He would be willing to sacrifice anything to make me and the girls happy.
18. No one can make Reese and Anni laugh like he can, especially with his cartoon voice.
19. He has an abnormal love of chocolate. If there is such a thing.
20. He's the best secret keeper. You could trust him with your life.
21. He's a hard worker...almost to a fault. He puts a lot of pressure on himself to give 110% in everything he does.
22. He gives the best back rubs.
23. He can reach all the high stuff.
24. He plays the Wii with Reese...so I don't have to.
25. He loves to travel.
26. He's a fish out of water...just like me.
27. He's 100% genuine...what you see is what you get. I love that he's real.
28. He's a kid at heart and has a real playful side.
29. He loves music.
30. He's humble and gracious, even when he's accomplished something great. He's not one of those macho, show off guys. Love that.
31. He's a little heater...keeps me warm in the winter.
32. He can always make me laugh.
33. Although he's the first to admit he doesn't understand very much about women...he sure does an amazing job living with 3 strong willed, stubborn and sassy girls.
34. He's 3 years younger than me...so I guess he made me a Cougar! :)
35. When I started dating him, I thought he looked like Clark Kent...but he really did turn out to be my Superman!

Happy Birthday Arnold! I love you more than words!

1 comment:

Chellese said...

Happy Birthday, Arnold! I loved reading this list. So happy that you two are on the same team! You and your girls make a fabulous family.