Sunday, October 23, 2011

Piecy update...

Everything these days is..."cool". It's Reese's new favorite word. "Cool dinner mom", "Cool shirt dad"...everything is "cool". I should cherish this phase...because I'm almost certain that one day nothing mom and dad do will be "cool".


Reese got a new dolly for her birthday and a new hand-made dolly cradle from her Grandpa N. Every night when we go to bed Reese has to put "her" baby to bed as well. She feeds her a bottle, burps her, reads her a story, has me swaddle her, then puts her in her cradle and rocks her to sleep.  It's so sweet to see her little mothering instincts. It is also so sweet when I realize how much she's mimicking me in what I say and do as a mom. Example: Some mornings Reese gets up before Anni. We'll be sitting on the couch and I'll hear Anniston up, so I'll say..."Anni's awake, I better go get her." Reese will respond, "Oh...my baby wake up too, I go get her." When I walk into Anni's room I always say, "good morning sweety." So Reese walks into her room, head to her baby and say's, "good morning sweety."

In other dolly news, the other day I came down stairs to find Reese trying to put a baby supository in her dolly's bum. After quickly stopping her, I asked her what she was doing. Her response, "my dolly can't go poop, her need help." Crazy kid!


Every night Reese likes me not only to read her a bedtime story, I also have to make up a bed time story. I used to tell her all kinds of story's about frogs, snakes, princesses...you name it, but ever since her 3rd birthday she likes me to tell her the "story" of her 3rd birthday party. It goes a little something like this...

"One upon a time there was a girl named Reese and she was about to turn 3 years old. Her mom asked if she wanted to have a birthday party and she said she wanted to have a water balloon fight party. So they designed invitations and delivered them to all her friends. On the day of the party her dad got up really early and blew up 600 water balloons while her mom got everything else ready for the party. When it was time for the party all her friends arrived. They had lunch, then sang happy birthday, ate cake, opened presents, and then they had the biggest and best water fight ever! After all the balloons were gone, her daddy got out the sprinklers and they road their bikes, scooters, and plasma cars through the sprinklers. They played and played until they were all so tired they had to go home and rest. It was the best 3rd birthday ever! The end"

She has had me tell her this story every night since her birthday...until last night. When I started to tell her the story of her birthday she said, "no mom, not the story of my birthday tonight. Now tell me the story of Reesey at Cornbellys."


Today at church I told Reese she needed to be reverent and think about Jesus during the sacrament. She folded her arms and sat quietly for a few minutes, then she turned to me and said, "mom, why Jesus want to give me food?"


Mom: Reese will you please go pick all the toys down stairs?
Reese: (while running in circles in the living room) I can't mom, my leg hurts.
Mom: If your leg hurt you wouldn't be running in circles. So please go pick up your toys.
Reese: (she's now stopped running and has her hand on her tummy.) I can't mom, my tummy hurts.
Mom: Well if your leg and your tummy hurt we better go to the doctor.
Reese: (Reese hates the doctor.) No mom, no doctor. I can't go to doctor.
Mom: Then I guess you better go pick up your toys.
Reese: Mom, I watching TV. I do it later.
Mom: Reese I want you to go pick up the down stairs right now.
Reese: But it's dark. I can't see.
Mom: Then I'll turn the light on for you.
Reese: No mom, you feeding Anniston. You can't get up.
Mom: I'll stop feeding Anni for a second and turn the light on for you.
Reese: No mom, Anni will be sad.
Mom: Reese stop giving me excuses. Please do what I ask.
Reese: (with her finger over her mouth) Shhhhh...just stop talking mom.


Mom: So Reese what did you learn in nursery today?
Reese: Mom we don't do learning stuff, we just play and do fun stuff!

No comments: