Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Our Girls...

Photobucket

We made it through our first Sunday back to church! Anniston did great...and so did mommy!

Photobucket

Reese likes to get in on the picture taking. She loves her little sister.

Photobucket

Reese:

Reese is really into "coins" lately (money). She always wants to go through my wallet to see if I have any coins she can have. Today I told her that mommy didn't have any coins left, they were all gone. I also told her that maybe the Easter Bunny would bring her some coins. (I was thinking about hiding some money in some of her eggs). She got very excited and said, "Maybe Easter Bunny bring Mommy more coins too!"...Yes Please!

Reese loves carrots. She especially loves to eat whole large carrots, not the mini baby ones. She asks for one as a snack multiple times a day. Combine her carrot obsession with her recent love of Looney Toons; every time Bugs Bunny is on, she has to have a carrot, just like him. She then walks around the house, carrot in hand, saying, "What's up Doc?"

We're not sure where she got it, but Reese's new funny saying is, "Ohh nuts!" When I told her that her favorite cookies were all gone, her response, "Ohh nuts!" It's pretty much her response to everything these days.

The other day Reese really wanted to go outside and play. I told her that it was too cold to go outside, but she didn't see this as a problem. She headed to the closet and dressed up in her winter hat, gloves, and boots. She then came to me and asked again to go outside. When I still denied her request she said to me, "But mommy, hat, gloves...sooo warm." When I explained to her that we just couldn't go out right now, she responded, "Ohh nuts...just have to pretend outside."

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Anniston:

She just eats, sleeps, poops, and looks cute all the time. Tomorrow she will be 1 month old. I wish I could say that it's flown by, and I guess in some ways it has...but the lack of sleep sure seems to make my days drag. I'm not good with no sleep. But she's just so stinking cute that it's worth it. A few little facts about our 1 month old Anni-banani...

- She's starting to become a better sleeper. She will usually give me at least one 4-6 hour stretch of sleep each night. When I'm really lucky she gives me a 5/6 followed by a 4/5 stretch. Those are some good nights.
- She hates taking a bath or being naked. Probably because she has no baby fat. My little Anni is long and skinny. At one month she still fits a newborn size in both clothes and diapers.
-She's becoming very tolerant of her big sister, who constantly bugs...I mean "play's" with her. (I just had to pause from tying to tell Reese to leave her sister alone.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Chellese said...

One month - wow! It is fast and slow, isn't it. I can completely relate. It's been one of those fast and slow years for me.

Beautiful girls just like their mommy!

chingchong7 said...

Wow- everytime I see a picture of Reese, she just keeps on getting bigger. She's growing out of that baby look. Soo cute, I love the haircut! She is going to be a great sister and helper!

empty nester said...

The girls are so darn cute. I am so thrilled to be their grandma. Can't wait to see them again.