Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A little bit of crazy...

I'm sure there's a little bit of crazy in me...isn't there a little bit in all of us? But I definitely have my share. I like things a certain way. I have strong opinions when it comes to my home, my family, my life, and I thought I knew myself pretty well.

But recently I've learned a couple things about myself. As if I didn't already have enough pet peeves and OCD issues, a couple more have come to my realization!

Such as...

As much as I love and adore my husband and am so proud to be his wife, I absolutely hate being referred to as Mrs. Arnold Thiebaud. It's like fingernails on a chalk board to me. I am not his property...I am still Mindi. I'm happy to be referred to as Mrs. Mindi Thiebaud, Mindi Thiebaud...or just plain Mindi. There was a time in my life that I had decided, even if I got married, I would not take my husbands name. Being single for 30+ years, I had grown a little attached to my Nordfelt name. However, when the time came I was more than happy and proud to take on Arnold's name. But...I absolutely will never give up Mindi, so please, please, please never refer to me as Mrs. Arnold Thiebaud.

and...

I don't like sleeping on anything but white sheets. I've always bought and slept on white sheets. They're pretty neutral and easy to clean...at least I thought that was the reason I've always stuck with white. But Arnold and I recently purchased a set of colored sheets. They were high quality and on sale with no white available. It was weird, but the second I was putting them on our bed, I realized the crazy...I hated them. Crawling into bed was even harder. I can't explain it, but climbing into a bed with crisp white sheets is what I need at the end of the day. Who knew?

see...I told you...a little bit of crazy! What can I say, love it or hate it, I am what I am.

2 comments:

Brad and Michelle Peterson said...

Thanks for the good laugh. We all have our own little OCD issues we live with don't we?

Chellese said...

I like crazy. And never call me Mrs. Darin Bunker. Thank you.