Friday, September 24, 2010

Is it possible...have 2 years already passed?

Yep...our baby is 2 whole years! It's hard to believe.

Stats:

Length - 36" - 95%
Weight - 28 lb. - 78%
Head - 19 - 72%

A few fun facts:
  • Reese now sleeps in a big girl bed. The transition was much easier that I thought it would be. She doesn't even get out of bed in the morning until I come and get her. We're just hoping it stays that way.
  • She talks non-stop and surprises us daily with new words and sentences. Sometimes I'm the only one that can understand what she's saying...but she seems to be getting more clear with each passing day! Some favorite phrases:
"My turn daddy" (While holding the remote...daddy's her biggest competition when it comes to the TV.

"No time out mommy" (After she's done something she shouldn't and she knows what's coming.)

"I do it myself" (For pretty much anything she's attempting to do and we're trying to help her. She a stubborn independent little thing! I wonder where she gets that from? :)

  • Reese knows her numbers 1 through 10, she also knows her 8 basic colors, all her shapes and about half her letters. She really catches on to things quickly. All I have to do is work with her for a couple days on something and she picks is right up.
  • Lately Reese seems to be more aware of emotions, especially the emotions of those around her. It really bothers her if one of her friends is sad or mad. She wants to know why and what happened. She will persist with her concern until she knows they are ok.
  • Reese loves to play doctor. She's been to all my doctor appointments with this baby, and now thinks she's a little doctor. Every day she makes me lay on the floor or couch, pulls up my shirt and uses her doctor kit to check the baby.
  • Reese loves to play outside and can now pedal a bike. It's fun to see her take off on her little bike to cruise the neighborhood. She's also pretty good on her scooter, and loves to play with her friends plasma cars. She's a little dare devil and seems to have no fear. Even after a few rough spills, she jumps right back on and takes off. If you could see her face as she's speeding down the sidewalk, head thrown back, hair blowing in the wind, and a smile from ear to ear...pure bliss.
  • Reese is going through a bit of an aggressive biting stage. My sweet little baby has become a "no nonsense don't mess with me or I'll bite you" kid. We've tried just about everything to discourage and stop the biting, but she doesn't seem to get it. Her doctor assures us she'll just grow out of it and there's not a whole lot we can do other than a lot of "time outs" and relentless talks about "no biting". In the mean time we try to watch her like a hawk and all her friends are staying current on their rabies shots.
  • Reese loves to try on clothes, especially anything from mommy or daddy's closet. She's close to mastering my high heels, but no where near close to fitting into daddy's clothes...as you can see...


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

JR and Brynn said...

Wow, she is getting so big. What a darling face! Love the pics of her b-day party. What a blast! You did a fantastic job. And her new bedroom is so gorgeous!! I love the bedding so much. Great job. Loved seeing you guys at the reunion. Wish it was more often, but glad I can check in on your blog and see your cute fam. :)