Sunday, September 5, 2010

Crazy Sunday!

I had my first ever, and hopefully last, panic attack at church today. It was my Sunday to teach Gospel Doctrine. I woke up this morning and instantly knew it wasn't a good one. It took me 2 hours to get ready for church; shower, throw-up, rest, blow dry, throw-up, rest, etc... etc...

Arnold offered to go and teach for me, but I was stubborn and determined I could do this. I walked into church, looked at the overflowing Sunday School room, felt the sauna like temperature in the room, and panicked. I couldn't breath! I needed to throw-up! I knew I couldn't do it!

This is a strange feeling for me. I don't get nervous teaching. I don't get nervous speaking to large groups. I never feel panic, anxiety or fear in those situations. But today I felt all those things in one moment!

Thank you to Bro. Magleby for saving me and asking Bro. Cannon to teach, and thank you Crystal Magleby for giving me a hug and reassuring me it was OK and I just needed to go home and rest.

Two hours later I was feeling much better and feeling very stupid. Why or how do pregnancy hormone's make us crazy!!

1 comment:

Julie Kaye said...

That is CRAZY!! Travis feels bad that we weren't there--he said he would pinch hit for you anytime! I am sorry that all happened on your week to teach--I would feel the same way you do. BUT TRUST ME....nobody else feels that way! You are only human and your body has been through A LOT (more than average--even for pregnant!) Just want you to know that we think you are great--and it's good to see that you, too, are human!