Saturday, July 17, 2010

My 1st telephone conversation with Reese...

I had been gone for the afternoon. My neighbor Emily had been watching Reese until Arnold got home from work. I called Arnold to see if he was home yet and if he'd picked up Reese. He and Reese were at home. Reese was calling my name in the back ground and desperate to talk to me, so Arnold handed her the phone and this is how our conversation went...

Mom: Hi sweetheart did you have fun at Claire and Lucy's house?

Reese: Clar Ucy pway's a hous

Mom: Did you play at Claire and Lucy's house?

Reese: Ya (then a bunch of babble that I couldn't quite understand...but I'm imagining she was telling me what they played with.)

Mom: Do you want mommy to come home now?

Reese: ya...mommy home, tweet

Mom: Do you want mommy to come home and bring you a treat?

Reese: ya...mommy

Mom: Did you miss me today?

Reese: ya...home

Mom: I missed you too love bug, I'm almost home and I have a treat for you!

Reese: Yah! tweet

Mom: Ok, let me talk to daddy now, I'll see you in just a minute. I love you.

Reese: wuz ya (translation: love you)

This was Reese's very first, some what, legible telephone conversation. Usually we try to get her to talk on the phone, but she just stares at it. Sometimes she'll babble, not really at the phone, just in the vicinity. Just enough so family members can hear her. The funny thing is that she talks on her play phone all the time. She just talks and talks, but I think hearing someone talk back throws her off. I guess it's no surprise that hearing my voice wasn't as weird for her. I should practice talking on the phone with her more often.

No comments: