Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July fun...

We had such a fun 4th of July weekend. On Saturday we went for a family bike ride in the morning. Then that afternoon we joined our neighborhood for a barbeque, followed by an awesome firework show. Everyone pooled their fireworks for one big show. The kids had an awesome time. Reese especially loved the fireworks.

The next night, our neighbors and friends the Tates put one another amazing firework show. John has been working in Wyoming so he brought back all the fun "illegal" fireworks. It was a pretty cool show. We had our own little "stadium of fire" right here in Tanglewood. Unfortunately it got cut a little short with a visit from the police...they were nice though and only gave him a warning, no ticket. Too bad we didn't get to finish. But it was fun while it lasted.

I was trying to get a cute picture of these three little friends, but unfortunately every time I said, "1, 2, 3 cheese", Reese must have thought I was saying, "1, 2, 3 jump". Rowan Tate, Reese, & Lucy Nuttall are quite the giggling, screaming, laughing little crew.


This was the fun flag cake I made for the BBQ. The picture was taken my friend Lisa, who happens to be an awesome photographer.


Jake & Erika Neilson, & Lisa Vohs


Our cute little neighbor Claire Nuttall. I said to her, "Can I take a picture of you on your big girl bike?", she said..." All right, I guess I'll let you." Thanks Claire!


Reese's very first sparkler


Another great picture from my friend Lisa.


It's time for the show to start. Reese is in awhh by the fireworks!


I loved how Reese would clap for the big fireworks.


Thanks everyone for a fun 4th!





No comments: