Friday, January 28, 2011

What I've been up to....

It seems like a minute after the new year, I was hit with the nesting bug. What ever energy I have these days is spent sorting and organizing baby clothes, putting the final touches on the nursery, deep cleaning the house and throwing a lot of things away....and of course finishing all my sewing projects for the baby.

I've made diaper and wipe holders, a ton of receiving and swaddle blankets, new curtains for the baby's room, a nursing cover, and these fun car seat covers. (one is for my sister-in-law, who's baby should be here any day now.)

It's times like this that I'm so grateful my mom convinced me to take sewing classes in high school...and then gave me a sewing machine for graduation. It's become an invaluable skill that continues to save me money!!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

pam said...

Oh my gosh! The car seat covers are to die for!!! Way to go, Mindi!!!

Lindsey said...

I love those car seat covers! Wish I knew how to sew! :)

chingchong7 said...

So jealous that you kmow how to sew! I can barely thread a button on my shirt.