Monday, January 10, 2011

Reesy facts...

Reese's imagination play has exploded lately. Today she came running into my room with her hands cupped, "Look mommy, froggies!" Apparently she found an entire family of pretend frogs living behind our couch. She made me hold them one my one while she fed them pretend milk. Then she put the them in the pocket of my sweater for safe keeping. Through out the day she would come and check on them and feed them.

Reese doesn't like us to call her by any of her nick names anymore. If we slip up she gets very upset and while waving a finger at us she says, "no, no, no, no...I Reesy!"

When I ask Reese to do something that she doesn't want to do, she no longer tells me "no", she just looks as me, shrugs her shoulders and says, "sorry mommy". I've decided it's better than being told "no". At least she's apologizing in advance for misbehaving.

Another little brilliant act of defiance is when I start to tell her something she doesn't want to hear, like it's time for bed, or it's time for bath, or it's time to clean up. Before I can even finish my sentence, she gives me the hand, says "stop", and then shushes me with one finger to her lips. What kills me is that she does it with such confidence, as if it's really going to work.


5 comments:

pam said...

I love the Reesey facts! So cute! I have to tell you what Jackson does when I tell him something like it's bed time or bath time or pj's time or something. He just says "no thank you, mama" and he totally says it like it's going to work, like that is all he has to say to me and then it's over. Haha! Yeah right!!! :)

Whitney said...

That is so funny. Lately when I call Brynn sweeheart or honey. She says, my name is Brynn mom.

Chellese said...

You've got a strong-willed child just like you, Mindi. Your mom must laugh about these things.

Jill Bowcutt said...

Haha! I love this age. I need to be better about writing Tage's facts down too. I did great when Parker was this age and I love going back and telling him how funny he was. He laughs and laughs at himself. Hope you're feeling well!

empty nester said...

I do believe Reese has become a little Mindi. She use to have a pretent friend, Erik. Any to all those who read her comments, she did have that strong will and determination. My mom always told me that if Mindi stayed on the right path she would do great things. If she got off that path, watch out. Thank goodness, Mindi stayed on the path and is such a great daughter. Love you Mindi.