Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Crazy life...

That's what summer has felt like. We have been so busy with one fun activity after another. I thought I'd write a few notes about all we've been up to.

Last week Arnold and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary. Boy have the years flown by, but for all the right reasons I feel like we have been married forever. We had a great anniversary celebrated up at the Homestead Resort in Midway Utah. Our good friend Megan was kind enough to come stay with Reese so Arnold and I could have a little get away. I have to say, I was very impressed with the Homestead. It was so serene and peaceful. It made for a very romantic stay. My only complaint...they need to get new mattresses. Maybe I'm just spoiled with my Inteligel bed...have I ever mentioned how much I love my bed? Most hotels, with the exception of Marriot, don't ever hold up to my standards. I'm picky with my beds, what can I say.

Anyway, the Homestead was fun and relaxing. Our stay included a visit to the spa for a massage, some pool time, eating delicious food and lots of shopping. Ironically our little trip away from Reese was spent doing a lot of shopping for Reese. Oh well... we had a great time!

In other news, Reese has been having the best summer ever. We can't believe how fast Reese is changing and growing. She continues to say new words on a daily basis and has started putting sentences together. Today when I put her down for a nap I told her that when she woke up we could go outside and play in the water with all her friends. I always keep my promises to Reese, even when I know or don't expect her to remember, but today Reese shocked me by remembering exactly what I promised. When I walked in her room to get her up the first words out of her mouth were, "play outside water mommy?" So that's what we did. She is getting smarter by the day.

Reese had a great time with her Grandma & Grandpa Nordfelt this weekend. They were down for my Aunt Dana's mission farewell. Reese was quick to remember who has the magical power of pulling candy from her ear (Grandpa) and was more than willing to dish out as many hugs and kisses necessary to get as much candy as possible.

Speaking of hugs and kisses, Reese has become the best hugger ever. She gives the biggest tightest squeezes and throws in a good lick/kiss when she feels like it. That is the key...she doesn't just give hugs to anyone. She has to really like you and be in the mood. She's like her mommy that way. Honestly, she's like her mommy quite a bit. In fact just tonight as Reese was licking the salt from the bottom of her popcorn bowl, Arnold and I decided that Reese is definitely a Nordfelt through and through.

Well that's a little update on us. We're busy, happy and really enjoying our summer!

No comments: